Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Get rid of your frustrating Android battery drain issues!

Is  your Android device driving you crazy by running out of battery every now and then? Do you you have to charge your phone over and over again even though you don't make heavy use of it? Do you feel like you don't even want to launch that awesome HD game because it'll drain your battery? If your answer to these questions is yes, you have come to the right place. I will teach you something that's guaranteed to help conserve that precious battery charge so you can enjoy your phone more and worry less about charging.

Before now, I used to install all kinds of supposed battery saving apps from google play and in my honest opinion, they hardly ever helped the problem. Some even made it worse by running unnecessary background processes. I came across a feature in a custom rom called wake lock blocker. What that app did was to prevent other apps from running unwanted processes that prevent your device from going into deep sleep. The app was very effective and I noticed very considerable battery duration improvements. Before the app, I would lose at least 20% charge if I left my phone idle for about 6hrs. With the app I lost only 1% and that taught me a lot about what causes android battery drain. I couldn't use wake lock blocker as standalone app so I made a few researches and luckily found something close which is what I want to share with you today.

The name of the app is Greenify and it can be downloaded from Google play. It works in a similar manner to wake lock blocker and what it does is interesting. It forces your device to go into deep sleep by hijacking and forcing all those stubborn android apps that run background processes that drink up your battery juice. I have used greenify for quite a while and I tell you it works magic. Its all you need to get rid of that annoying continuous discharging and charging issue. Now I'll teach you how to set it up on your device and maximize its functionality.
First head to google playstore and download and install the app
Now you need to Identify  the notorious apps that cause you battery drain. You can figure this out by downloading wake lock detector and using it to identify the apps that create wakelocks on your phone. To spare you that trouble, you can refer to the list below for such apps.

1 Facebook app
2 bbm
3 Badoo
4 Whatsapp
5 Gmail
6 E-Mail
Now launch the grenify app and set it up.
7 Chrome
8 Google search
9 Google+
10 Weather apps & Widgets
11 Antivirus and Security apps
12 System and device cleaning apps

Now launch the app and select the + button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Highlight all these apps I have mentioned as well as any other apps you feel might be leeching on your battery and touch that same button which is now zzz, then enable auto hibernation and you're all set. I must mention that the application works best in root mode with xposed framework installed. Please refer to my earlier blog post for instructions on how to install and set-up xposed framework. The paid version of the app that unlocks experimental features will ensure that you are rid of your battery issues permanently. The app costs $2.99 and its easily worth twice that IMO. What are you waiting for? Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment