Monday, December 22, 2014

N4,000 Monster! portable Sound-Station Bluetooth Speaker By RLG (Review)

Interest in portable audio is increasingly on a high. I personally have been a victim of the hype of portable sound stations (Speakers) for quite a while now. Its been haunting my dreams and has been top of my 'to buy' items. These things are quite difficult to find and even when found come with hefty price tags. Being an avid music lover, I've always wanted one but I just couldn't justify paying such huge sum for a speaker so tiny. For example, the Bose sound link costs $129, Beats Pill $179. Seriously? 'For dis Hot weather'? If like me, you want a portable Bluetooth speaker but don't have hundreds of dollars, read on. Today is your lucky day.


By some good fortune, I stumbled upon a product by RLG Nigeria in a Gloworld retail outlet, a shiny, tiny looking portable Bluetooth speaker with call answering functions and FM. After a thorough examination, I asked to test it and I was obliged. On testing, it sounded very average, nothing spectacular. I asked how much it cost and I was told I could pick it up at N4,000. 'Not bad' I thought. Besides, I've wanted to own one for quite a while so I paid for it. I rushed home to go play with my new toy, hooked it up to my phone and streamed my Spotify playlist to it. I listened with some detachment for a while and it played for about 4hours. 'Meh'. It wasn't as exciting as I hoped it'll be. I used it a couple more times and as time went on, the sound consistently got better. As I tell you this right now, my RLG BT speaker has grown into a MONSTER! The kick in the bass is amazing, the clarity of the audio is outstanding and the volume is simply unbelievable. This thing blows my Laptop speakers out of the water, yet so tiny. The RLG speaker has become my go to music companion getting more use time than my beloved Audio Technica ATH M50 headphones. 
I cant say how the RLG stacks up against names like Bose, Beats and Co. performance wise, but price wise? Its a 'no brainer'. If you want a portable Bluetooth speaker that will give you awesome, unbelievable sound, answer calls, access FM stations, don't hesitate. Rush to the nearest Gloworld shop to you and pick it up at a jaw dropping bargain of N4,000 only. Its an amazing offer considering the fact that it goes for N6,000 at other retail outlets. Technical specifications of the speaker and features are as follows:

Advance Bluetooth + MIC with High Voice Sensitivity
High capacity Li-Polymer Battery
Supports MP3 Supports Micro-SD Card
3D Digital Sound Effect Technology
Battery Cut-Off Memory for Accurate
Playback Recall Compatible with iPad, iPod, mobile phones, computers,MP3, MP4, etc and all external music instruments.
FM Broadcast
Product Specifications:
Material: Stainless Steel
Unit Weight: 500g
Playing time: 7-8hrs approx.

High capacity Lithium-Polymer Battery
Super Bass sound
Inbuilt rechargeable battery
Support hands-free profile
35W stereo output, and high-level sound quality
Support Bluetooth TF/MicroSD card AUX Hand Free Call 
Support ALL Bluetooth devices : laptop/tablet/phone/iPad/etc.
Expanded Bass Expansion System
No need for software driver

Accessories:
Super Bass Speaker
2 in 1 USB cable for charging and line-in

As always, please leave comments, feedbacks and questions. 

Thank you.

12 comments:

  1. Liztek's Portable Bluetooth Speaker is really best because supports Wireless Music Streaming via New Bluetooth v3.0 Technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To begin with, they developed a new acoustic package and paired it off with a smooth cylindrical shape and an aluminum enclosure. Since these Revolve Bluetooth Speakers have 360-degree sound, they can face any direction and there is no front or back. There is a powerful, ultra-efficient transducer combined with dual-opposing passive radiators and a patented acoustic deflector that all works combined with a pressure trap to eliminate distortion. The result is dramatic with beautiful deep, rich bass radiating uniformly in all directions without frequency drop-offs or sweet spots that are part and parcel of traditional 360-degree speakers. Use these speakers in a corner or in the center of the room and the music experience will be the same for everyone in the room – clear, spacious, loud and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one urgently, just came across one not long. Can anyone help out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Wireless portable speaker in budget.... I like it....... for more info visit to... http://www.intajio.com/bws990

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently purchase the JBL speaker at low price. The quality of sound is good.Also built quality of products is good. JBL is popular in speaker. I would like to suggest this speaker Visit site

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this speaker portable speaker, I used JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker since a year, its sound quality is really awesome, I will also try this Monster RLG speaker, I follows a website for getting any tech accessories see this site to get its full specification and buyer guide of producys, their are list of speaker in cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your detailed introduction to this bluetooth speaker, it looks cool, but I don't like this style of speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Blog!! Thanks for sharing this info Here. Even I know speaker which is compact, lightweight and portable, Relatively Easy to Use and amazing Great audio. Buy Bluetooth Speakers in Pakistan with affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks mas ulasannya, pengen beli speaker portable untuk disewakan. jadi bisa lebih tau, sukses selalu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sly, Thanks for sharing your review. This is a core generation of the wireless speakers and Bluetooth speakers are the future. Monster’s N4000 are the best portable sound station currently. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need the rlg sound station Bluetooth speaker to buy. Am in Ghana. My WhatsApp line 0262863646

    ReplyDelete