Thursday, December 25, 2014

THL 5000 review. (Unparalleled battery life, amazing specs and features at stunning cheap price)

Its undeniable that the most sought after feature in smart phones in recent times is battery life. Strange huh? Unfortunately, that feature is one which is difficult to incorporate into new devices as most companies go after sleek looks for their devices aiming to make them slimmer, lighter and more visually appealing. This feat is often achieved as devices these days, come in very slim light form factors but often at the expense of battery life, which power users like me aren't too happy about. I want to be able to play The Walking Dead on my phone for hours, then listen to spotify while chatting on BBM and blogging on the side without worrying about my battery dying on me.



This led me on a hunt for a device that would pack enough processing grunt to power through my HD games, have a gorgeous 1080p HD display, have a large enough battery to sustain it for at least 24hrs without charging, and still maintain the standard size, weight and dimensions of normal smartphones. I stumbled into something very interesting and yes you guessed right. Its the THL 5000. The device comes with a Turbo Octacore processor clocked at 2.0GHZ with 2GB Ram and a Mali 450MP GPU. It has a remarkable 5000Mah battery which packs so much juice it makes the device double as a powerbank for other devices, a fantastic 1080p FHD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It also has a 13 mega pixel rear camera with Sony IMX135 lens, a 5 mega pixel front facing camera, 16GB internal memory with an SD card slot that supports up to 32GB.





The device has all standard connectivity options including EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi and also has all basic sensors with Gyroscope and gravity sensors. The phone weighs a shocking 146 g and measures 8.9 mm which is on par with most other flagship devices. It comes with extras that makes it an unbeatable package value wise. In the package, you find a Flip cover with clock view, a silicone type cover, a screen protector, an OTG usb device, a 16GB Micro SD card, hands-free headset and a charger. All these features and accessories come at a mouth watering price of N49,000!!

So I decided to give the phone a try and I can confirm to you that, I am totally blown away by the performance of this device. I do anything I want at any time. I play games, text, listen to music for hours on end without hitches. This device has produced some outrageous battery stats like none I have ever witnessed. I got about 2days up time with over 7hrs screen on time without plugging in its charger. Though I am not a firm believer in benchmark scores, I put the device through Antutu test and it did remarkably well, scoring between 29,000 and 31,000 on several runs with a custom rom installed.







To cut the long stories short, if you want a device with high end specs, phenomenal battery performance, not minding pretty average looks and are on a budget, look no further. Go for this device!

No comments:

Post a Comment